Top Reasons Why Your Hair Is Falling Out? (Part 3)
- By Harleys Clinic
- Jun, 24 2016
Struggling with the problem of hair loss and/or hair thinning? Hair transplant in India can work wonders for your problem. Visit the best hair transplant surgeon today to know more about hair transplant treatment.
Here are the top 7 reasons which might cause hair loss problem. Have a look.
- Chemotherapy Some of the medicines which are accustomed to ward off cancer sadly might also cause your hair to fall out. Many expert doctors say that chemotherapy is sort of a disastrous weapon that destroys quickly dividing cells, which means cancer cells. However, it also divides cells like hair quickly.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome An imbalance in male and female sex hormones is known as PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). When androgens increase in the amount then it may cause infertility, risk of diabetes, weight gain, ovarian cysts, alterations in the menstrual period, and hair thinning. Since male hormones generally form a disproportionately large percentage in PCOS, females may experience a lot of hair on their face and body.
- Antidepressants, Blood Thinners, Etc. Some alternative categories of medicines may additionally prove to be a catalyst to hair loss. A lot of common among these are some specific blood thinners and blood-pressure medicines.
- Over Styling Strenuous styling and hair care over the years will cause your hair to lose its strength and fall out. Extreme styling such as tight braids, hot-oil treatments, corn rows or hair weaves, chemical relaxers used to straighten your hair, or any type of extreme heat or harsh chemical. As these techniques will really have a negative effect on the root, the hair might not even grow back again.
- Trichotillomania A Trichotillomania ‘impulse control disorder,’ causes men and women to irresistibly pull their hair out. Experts say that it’s sort of a habit in which an individual continually play and pull their hair. Sadly, this regular playing and pulling will really strip hair from your head. This disorder usually starts before the age of seventeen and is fourfold more common in females compared to males.
- Ageing It’s quite common to see hair loss or hair thinning in females after they cross the age of 50 and 60 years. Hair experts aren’t sure why this problem occurs. However, you need to take proper diet to ensure healthy hair even at old age.
- Anabolic Steroids If you’ve been consuming anabolic steroids (used by a few athletes to gain muscle mass) there’s a chance that you might lose your hair, according to hair experts. Anabolic steroids have the same effect on the body as PCOS (polycystic ovary sickness), because the process is that the same.